Thursday, February 14, 2013

Lent - Day 2

 "Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem (Mark 10:33).  With these words, the Lord invites the disciples to journey with him on the path that leads to Galilee to the place where he will complete his redemptive mission...Christ also invites the men and women of today to "go up to Jerusalem.""   Lenten message, 2001

How do I need to die to myself this Lenten season?  It seems there are so many options I could come up with to do that.  Pride is a big issue.  I don't like being wrong, I worry about what other people think.  I probably only show these low points in front of the ones I love the most - the ones who have to see me every single day.  I think I have all the answers when it comes to my kids needs.  I'm always thinking and praying about how I should speak differently to my children.  I'm not a good listener - I always have something to say though.  I wish God could take away my speech when the kids just need me to listen.  :)

Help me to die to myself, Lord, so that I might live with you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! ~ Thank you ~