Monday, February 4, 2013

Family motto

On to G.K. Chesterton...I saw this quote on Pinterest, but I wanted to verify it before I made a published post about!  He is such a great author and so difficult for me to understand... I usually have to read each sentence a minimum of three times before I can begin to comprehend it. 
 
                “To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it.” –  A Short History of England, Ch.10

After a few minutes of making sure I understood it, I realized this was a much more interesting and intelligent way of saying our new family motto: Just because you can...doesn't mean you should!  I could write too much about all the things this applies to in this culture, but I won't.  I could probably continue this blog strictly commenting on Chesterton quotes.  I envy his wisdom. 

On a side note, I get to see 'Les Miserables' tonight with Erin - really looking forward to that! 

We had a successful art day at the Everett's as usual.  It's double the excitement when you get to make art out of food and then eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! ~ Thank you ~