Friday, March 22, 2013

The last of our March birthdays

Lyndsay turned *11* yesterday and she had quite a celebratory week.  She got to have a sleepover at Maria's (on a school night!) and they did a lot of cool girly things.  Maria gave her some pretty jewelry and gave her an acceptance letter from Hogwarts.  She got to spend the day at Grandma & Grandpa Bloom's on her birthday and attend the dual feature of 101 Dalmatians and Cinderella at Corpus Christi last night...after a delish dinner at Chik-fil-A.  Grace and Josh also gave her an awesome acceptance letter to Hogwarts so she is most definitely going!






We will celebrate with grandparents on Saturday night!

Happy Birthday, Lyndsay!

On a side note, sometimes the weekends feel busier than the weekdays.  We are going to the last soup supper and Stations tonight at church, then Sarah has 3 friends coming over for a sleepover (not my favorite thing) which should be great fun!!   Tomorrow we always have some errands to run and loads of laundry to do as usual.  Grace has a couple of friends coming for the afternoon and then the birthday celebration for Lyndsay Saturday night.  Sunday is open so far, but I'm sure that will change. 

Today ends the 3rd quarter and Spring Break officially starts at 2:30 next Thursday!!  I don't know if we can wait that long.  Everyone's grades are very good and we are proud of all of them!

Thanks to Teresa, I went to Ace Hardware a couple of weeks ago and got a free quart of paint.  I picked what I call a retro red and Teresa helped me caulk and paint the bead-board side of the island.  I love it!  It is a much needed spot of cheerfulness. 


And, lastly, here are a couple pictures of Mom & Dad's old phone that I took for the 365 Challenge.  I'm thankful to have something to photograph.  By the way, it's the second full day of spring, it was 17 degrees this morning, and they are calling for light snow Sunday through Tuesday.  :(



Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! ~ Thank you ~