Friday, December 20, 2013

7 Quick Takes, Volume 2



Not only is this my second attempt at 7 Quick Takes, this is my 100th post!!  Kind of exciting, I guess.  I started this blog in January of 2013 and it has taken me almost a year to write 100 posts?! Hopefully I can keep up with these other ladies who have more children than I do and apparently accomplish a lot more than I do!

Most thoughtful Christmas present ever (from a husband).  I returned home yesterday morning from taking two kids to high school expecting to find the house in its normal morning state:  TV on, every light in the house on, finding evidence of the dog getting into the kitchen or bathroom trash, etc., etc.  When I walked in, the house was dark - and I panicked for just a second.  Then I saw an envelope on the table right in front of me with my initial on it.  Eric had the whole day planned.  The girls were at my parent's house.  He had rearranged the carpool so that I didn't have to pick up the older kids, we finished all Christmas shopping/errand running, we had lunch at my favorite place, Chipotle.  He and our oldest took care of dinner for the kids, he made reservations at Bonefish and he had purchased tickets back in August to see Straight No Chaser!!  



We love that group and they were awesome!  They have a great story and you should totally look them up.  Not only was it obviously a really fun day, but I was so touched by the effort it took to pull this off  :)

--- 3---
Jen asked what everyone's favorite Christmas song is.  Without a doubt mine is O Holy Night - especially when sung by Josh Groban.  The lyrics are beautiful.

How does a teenager get stuck in a seat belt?  We have the weirdest stories...I drove four teenage girls to Chicago last week to see a Christmas concert featuring Selena Gomez.  After a crazy trip there involving a messed up GPS unit, we finally made it and they had a great time.  Ok, time for the trip home.  Everyone in the car fell asleep while the GPS lady is still talking to me and I don't know how to turn her off.  We make it back without incident and have dropped off 2 girls, one more to go, and our oldest announces from the back of the van that she is stuck in her seat belt.  This is at 12:30 a.m. so I'm tired and maybe a little bit crabby at this point.  I flatly tell her that this is ridiculous and that she just needs to get out of it.  She and her friend are laughing and insist that they have already tried that and that she is indeed, stuck.  So I pull over and crawl to the back to find the seat belt so twisted around her that we cannot get her out of it!  I know it sounds unbelievable - trust me....  So the only option left was to cut it and her friend happened to have a pair of scissors in her backpack.  I have nothing else to say about that...

Things to do over Christmas break:
 *  play new games with the kids every day
 *  finish a knitting project I started 3-4 weeks ago
 *  read a biography of Abraham Lincoln (I'm pretty excited to read something by my choice and not       dictated by the needs of homeschool!)
 *  follow a self-imposed technology ban until evening - this one will be interesting
 *  watch a short list of movies, to be determined by Eric and I and probably not approved by the children :)

Hoping these will sell...



The picture of the pears and the pictures in the basket on the table to the right are for sale at a local shop called Made in Michiana.  It features creations by local artisans so, here's hoping! 


Here they are, packaged and ready to be sold!

Can't think of another one, so, Merry Christmas!

For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your 100th post! :-) O Holy Night and Carol of the Bells are my two favorite Christmas songs. Your artwork is beautiful, I hope that they sell!

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! ~ Thank you ~