Friday, July 26, 2013

Learning chess

I have wanted to learn how to play chess for a long time but just assumed that it was too hard for me, or that I wouldn't have the time to learn. 

Meredith is always the first one up and she asked if I wanted her to teach me how to play chess one morning.  I hesitated, thinking that there was no way she would be able to teach me.  I've seen her play with her siblings but didn't think she would be able to teach someone else.  I decided to say yes and see where it took us.  I shouldn't have questioned her abilities!  She not only taught me how to play in a way that I could understand (what does that tell you?!) but then we played a few games and I only won once because I'm pretty sure she let me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! ~ Thank you ~