Wednesday, May 22, 2013

10-day update

I just can't stick to the daily or even weekly posts, but this will just have to do for now.  The past week and a half has been busy, but I don't want to make this boring either so here goes:
    
     Monday:  dentist appointment and art class
     Tuesday:  interview (for job I don't want) and Arise dinner that night
     Wednesday:  orthodontist appointments for 4 of us
     Thursday:  Early pick-up for high school, Reins of Life, and softball game
     Friday:  Fernwood field trip (pictures coming) and WICKED!!
     Saturday:  softball game, my official Mother's Day day off and dinner (provided by Eric) with our parents
     Sunday:  shopping for clothes with Sarah - I should do this on Friday as Sunday is not a day of penance, first trip to New Buffalo beach
     Monday:  just school
     Tuesday:  Eva's 12th birthday, my parent's 53rd anniversary, softball game
     Wednesday:  catch-up day

Of course, school goes on every day also and I'm glad that everyone is staying focused and on track as best they can. 

Okay, here are some details: 

The Fernwood field trip was a lot of fun.  The weather was great - sunny and warm, but not too hot.  There were such beautiful flowers in bloom and the trails were great fun. 








 
This young man that worked there was so helpful in identifying flowers in a garden near the visitor's center, and he even came to find us so the kids could see this turtle that had not been marked yet.







 


 
A lady's slipper...cool!
 
That night we had reservations with our friend's, Christine and Dennis, at Café Navarre, a new-to-us restaurant downtown.  It is in an old jewelry store (where my wedding band is from) and it looks beautiful - it has great character.  The men raved about their steaks, while Christine and I had chicken that was very good, but I wouldn't say it was the best I've ever had.  Eric was a bit starstruck when a ND football player arrived and we couldn't keep his attention from that point on - not really, but kind of!  After a couple of pomegranate martinis we thought we might have to carry Dennis to the theater, but he made it and provided a lot of laughs along the way! 
 
The show was amazing.  The sets were so professional, the singing was awesome, the costumes were beautiful - I should add that the last time we went to a show was....I don't know, so anything better than the grade school play seems like Broadway to us! 
 
 

 


Dinner on Saturday was better than any restaurant, thanks to Eric.  He smoked a brisket (that required hourly attention) and some ribs.  We had baked beans, veggies and dip and ice cream pies with chocolate syrup for dessert.  I could get used to that kind of treatment! 

The beach was so peaceful and relaxing, but the water was freezing.  That didn't stop the girls, mostly Meredith.  She was in up to her waist and sticking her face in the water.  I couldn't get past my ankles because the air stopped moving in and out of my lungs.  Josh got to see Logan for a few hours while we were gone, and we knew he would prefer that anyway. :)





 


And, last but perhaps most special, Happy 53rd Anniversary to my parents.  I hope they enjoyed their day remembering the special time 53 years ago when they each said 'I do'.  I wish everyone could be inspired by them as much as I am, especially when it comes to living your marriage as your vocation. 

Hopefully, there will be less next time around....


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! ~ Thank you ~