Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Had lunch with my dear friend, Erin, today at McAllister's (great place)!  Love those kind of friendships where you can be completely 100% yourself and that person will still love you anyway. 

The girls really enjoyed their time painting 'pottery' ($1 plaster animals from Michaels), and they turned out super cute. 




After a rough start, Josh worked hard today and got caught up in history and literary analysis.   Yeah!

Had Mom and Dad over for dinner and made a new recipe: Sweet & Sour Chicken.  I'm not sure why I seem to try new recipes when having people over.  Sometimes it works fine, but sometimes it's a disaster.  It was actually pretty good even though it was quite a bit of work - well, more work than I like to do for dinner :)  Most of the kids had double and triple helpings, but of course, a couple didn't like it at all - and so it goes. 

That time in the evening when I feel like I can 'let go' is wonderful!  Sat on the couch and felt really good about being able to answer some questions on Teen Jeopardy especially since I usually can't answer even one question on regular Jeopardy. 

Thinking about and praying for Bishop D'Arcy and the mother of another dear friend who found out today that she has cancer.  These kinds of things always remind me that my complaints are ridiculous, and I truly have so much to be thankful for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! ~ Thank you ~