Monday, March 3, 2014

The weekend



We went to Indianapolis Saturday for a funeral for one of Eric's cousins, Jim, who died suddenly last week apparently due to complications from the flu.  It was quite a shock.  They have 5 children, ages 4 - 16.  

It was such a beautiful Mass and I have not seen one so crowded before.  The family has a large support group through friends at church and I am so happy for them that they have that.  It was good to see so many family members that we never see.  We are spread out all over the place.

My thoughts have been on them so much lately.

Meredith came down with a fever last night, but slept all night long, surprisingly.  She woke up this morning and has been getting sick, and since she's old enough to kind of know what's going on, she has asked about Jim and how he had the flu also...  

I think I might be having a change of heart about the flu vaccine...

On a lighter note (I think), I was having a discussion with our teenagers about what they want their funerals to be like and our daughter said "No flowers!"  When asked why not, she said, "Because they remind me of dead people."  It made us all laugh.  She had been to more funerals by age 8 than I had in three times that amount of time so I can see why she associates flowers with dead people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! ~ Thank you ~