Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Halloween -13

The title of this post was inspired by Lyndsay, who dated all her school papers that way on Halloween. 

Halloween is my least favorite holiday and I can't really come up with a good explanation as to why.  I don't like paying any money for costumes so it seems like we're always trying to come up with something that we already have or are borrowing something from others and, of course, this is always happening at the last minute.

The pumpkins usually get carved the night before and the candy has to be bought in spurts.  There's really nothing wrong with any of that (except maybe the waiting until the last minute which is my own fault anyway).  I don't care for the attitudes of some of the kids that come to the door (but I guess that's to be expected here and there).  It's usually really cold or rainy but this Halloween was actually fairly mild with just a little bit of rain so I can't complain about that either. 

Maybe it's because Halloween isn't really based on anything - I know the origins of Halloween, and kids going door to door dressed in sweatpants, sweatshirt and a mask don't have anything to do with harvesting crops centuries ago... 

I do enjoy the youngest children dressed in cute costumes that are really having fun (including my own).  They make it all worth it.

Happy Halloween!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your comments! ~ Thank you ~